Friday, August 13, 2010

Whats better the 1 Lake Powell Trip?

White Family & Friends
Lake Powell 2010
By Mike


We made our annul pilgrimage to lake Powell last weekend. Wow what a place. It really it that happy place they tell you to think about when things are not going well. Due to some changes in my work responsibility's I have a little less flexibility with my hours. I got off work at 07:00 well kinda 07:00 more like 08:00. As I got home we put the finishing touches on the packing and I drove some to get us out of town until i started to get tired. Then i hopped into the back of the Excursion and get some Z's as Amber took over. Really the way to travel cause the next thing I know we are pulling into Page AZ. Meet up with everyone one and we were off to our spot. By the time we got there got unloaded and set up as storm rolled in (This will turn out to be a common theme. Once we weathered the storm I decided we needed to get something down for Dinner i BBQ'ed up some burgers in the Tornado/hurricane. We ate some dinner went up to get into bed. And i was so excited to use this new bed set we got for the trip. Minor problem. The sheets, blanket and pillows were missing one key thing. An air mattress. "Lame Sauce" So me and Amber and Winter toughed it out on the floor while the smaller kids got the air mattress's. Day two started like a typical Lake Powell day. Chased out of our tent bye the 100 degree temp inside the tent. Got some lake time in. And then the afternoon storm came in (See) and we all had to rush back and take down our tents until the weather pushed through. For the second night in a row we ate our dinners in our tent. The third day was nothing short of shit! We did not even move the boats out of the beach and just delt with the wind and rain. Until it was dark then we finally got to eat dinner with everyone else. As we talked about it myself and Tiffany had decided that Sunday would be recover day. We were going to hit it early and hit it hard. On the final day Winter wakes me up to tell me that Tiffany and Tom are going out. Recovery day so i had to pull up my boot straps and man up and get in the water early. But really what a good time. Myself, Tom and Tiff went out and had great water. Great turns and really was looking up. Great day finally on the last day. Perfect "Lake Powell weather" And the people that left the night before missed out on the best day. Below are some of the pics from the trip.


Me and the boys looking like bad ass'es


Winter Wake boarding. Winter really set her
mind to it and got up on her first turn and
really did amazing


Zar - Zar riding shoot gun on the Tube

Lake Powell tradition to bury someone. Winter


Xav'ey James gettin his eat on


Weather sucked but Lake Powell is lake powell and i would much rather be stuck there on a rainy sandy beach then here at my desk. Got to love Powell cant't wait to get back with my parents.

6 comments:

Christenson's said...

That's right Mike.... a crappy day in Lake Powell is still hands down better then the best day at work!! I'm glad you guys came it was great times... I like too that you post on the blog!

Kerry said...

I'm so glad to see a post about your trip. I wondered whether you would post any pictures. At least you got some good weather at the end. Reminds me of our first trip down as a family like 4 years ago. That was crap weather too. Hopefully we don't get nasty weather when we go down in a few weeks. Everyone is so excited!I love the picture of Xavier eating with his life jacket on. Cute stuff!

Hilary said...

I love Lake Powell and haven't been in YEARS -- yours and Kerry's boating posts make me very nostalgic . . .
Glad you guys got at least some good weather!

Howard Family said...

wish it hadnt been so windy so we could have taken more pictures.

andrewandshawnawhite said...

Gotta love good old powell hopefully you guys can come hang out with us for a bit over labor day!!! And I hope the weathers much better:-) I love all your pictures way to go Winter:-)

Honk's Thoughts said...

Happy Days, Mikey. We went to Lake Powell after the 24th with the hurricane weather looming. Fortunately we had great weather and the temp was not over the top like usual July weather. We had a great time and it looks like you guys did too!