Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First day of school: Zarley

So I am happy to report that we had our first day of 1st grade and actually we have had a whole week now and no major meltdowns. A few minor meltdowns but nothing really Zarley worthy. She got up and dressed on her own almost the whole week. This week hasn't been quite as successful but still no major meltdowns. Wahoo! She is a funny little girl one night last week she told me "Well I thought I first grade was going to be really a lot of fun, turns out its not so much." She also told me she isn't sure she likes her teacher, there is something, she just isn't sure what it is that she doesn't like yet. She hasn't figured it out. In front of the apple tree a first day tradition
Here she is in front of the school standing in her
designated line.
Other good news, her and Winter have been getting a long so well lately she even let Winter help her while trying her on school clothes and She let Winter help her get ready on the first day.
And doesn't she rock those skinny jeans... You should see her butt, she looks so cute.... Whatcha gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside those jeans?
I had much more emotions about first grade then I did kindergarten I blame my sister as she so nicely pointed out the day before school started, her life will never be the same. Its a full day of school, its not the 2 1/2 hours that kindergarten is then home to play like the kid you are no now it is all day for the next what 16 yrs (including college here) then you have to work. Now that is sad so all you first time kindergarten moms enjoy because next yr is when life really changes.




9 comments:

Jessi said...

I love Zarley stories! She is bursting with personality!

Howard Family said...

I personally love the shoes. . . . Mike

Sharon said...

Way to go Zarley! Shoes are just a part of your zany personality, nothing wrong with that!
You go girl!

evan and rachel said...

Um, hightops? BALLER.

Hilary said...

She's so cute! I love to hear about her!

andrewandshawnawhite said...

She soooo soooo cute love the outfit!! I am glad she doing good going to school:-) I love her cute face!!

Christenson's said...

Sorry was that me that said that??

Kerry said...

I LOVE the skinny jeans. Knowing Zarley as I do I saw that first picture and clicked on it to make it bigger just because I couldn't believe that she was actually wearing jeans in the first place! Adorable!!

Shake-N-Bake said...

I'm so happy Zarley and Dilyn are in the same class this year! I love that Zarley girl! I asked her if she had fun that first day of school and she said "Not really!"