Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mike

So I was blogging about Zars first day of school and texting Mike at the same time, because that's how we communicate, he asked if I was blogging about him, I said no, he asked why and I said because its not all about you. So then I decided to give him a shout out. The above picture is Mike with Owen and Xavier at Lake Powell this last weekend.
Mike took the 3 little kids to Lake Powell along with the rest of the Howard clan Winter had school and dance try outs and I had work so we stayed home. Not nearly as fun I know. Thanks Mike your the best.
So I am home alone most the time because Win had school and of course lives in her own world, I thought I would take advantage of my time and do some cleaning and much needed organizing. Amazingly What I cleaned stayed that way, there was none of the below:
1. No little people following you as you clean messing everything up.
2. No little fingerprints to wipe off the walls appliances windows etc...
3 NO huge size 12 shoes to trip over when you walk in the door because that's where they were kicked off.
4. NO dirty clothes sitting on the bathroom floor.
5. No clean clothes on the bedroom floor because that's where clean clothes go right. Dirty clothes go either on the bathroom floor or if I'm lucky they go into the laundry basket.
6. No pile of Mikes pocket remnants on the kitchen counter, where he empties them.
7. Worst of all when I came home from work the kitchen sink was not full of dirty dishes, the counter wasn't covered in what was left from breakfast and lunch.
8. MY bed wasnt a jumbled mess when I went to get in it, it stayed mostly made.
The truth is I actually was quite bored when I was home. I missed Mike and the kids more than I thought I would. I thought I would enjoy it more instead I kind of missed all the things that drive me so crazy on a regular basis. Thanks for the time alone. I love you.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

I know what you mean . . . I love the peace and quiet and alone time and all that on the rare occasions I get it . . . for awhile, then I start to get lonely and even begin to miss the chaos!
I don't know if I'd ever miss tripping over huge steel toed boots out in the hall though . . . that I think I could live without :-)

Natalie said...

Mike is a keeper. Cleaning up after others is such a pain and just makes you feel like you are running around in circles. I tell Lila that I am not Cinderella and she is not a mean step sister. I am not just around to clean up after her. It usually gets her cleaning up a little more. No one wants to be a mean step sister. Although I am guessing this logic wouldn't work so well on Mike. :)

Carlye Momma said...

awww...how cute is your bloggy!? I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy the peace and quiet for like 2 seconds...then go CRAZY! Loving getting to know you girl! You're so sweet!

Kerry said...

Funny. When I had to travel for work so much last year I thought I was going to miss my kids SO much. I LOVED it!! But then at the same time I was staying in a hotel with all meals paid for. That makes it kind of easier. I couldn't do any cleaning house while there.