Tuesday, September 8, 2009

what makes you feel old?

So today I took Xavier to his 15 month appointment and started thinking wow 15 months already, where has the time gone, then I started thinking I am getting old. Then I started running down the list of things that make me feel old.
winter to big to dance in the rain
Zarley old enough to dance in the rain

Xav figuring out a power wheel
Zarley learning to ride a 2 wheeler

Zarley doing her first homework assignment

Owen going out the door for first day of preschool
first school picture by the apple tree
Owen walking into school
Owen and Jackson coming out to the car after
there first day of preschool! They had a good time
They told me they rode bikes in the sand, and played
batman with capes. They were so cute!
As cute as they were this only added to my oh my gosh I am getting old, not to mention I took Zarley to her first day of dance for the year. She is on the mini team this year so she will go to competitions and stuff. I just think she is still to little but apparently not. So I ask what makes you feel old?








6 comments:

Howard Family said...

Most things Winter does make me feel old. Her wanting to go to a rock concert make me feel old. Her more interested in hanging out with her friends Friday night more then her parents. Her texting with her friends.

Hilary said...

Great post!
Everything makes me feel old. :-) Watching my kids grow up too quick. Watching kids I taught in Primary graduate from High School. Celebrating my baby brother's 18th birthday. Yelling at a car that drove too fast down my street. Clipping coupons. Annie starting preschool. Thinking of how old I'll be when my next kid graduates High School. Annie's first day of dance is today.
Then again though, watching my two little girls grow up is by far the most amazing thing I've ever done . . . so being old has been surprisingly satisfying!

dan and audrey said...

i can't evevn believe it! O-E-O started school that makes me want to cry a little! what makes me feel old is that 1. I am about 6 months away from being 30 and 2. my baby ate a bowl of honey bunches of oats this morning, all by herself and loved it! isn't that a grown-up cereal?!

Christenson's said...

You guys are all young pups!! What are you talking about!! How about having 2 kids in Jr. High only one year away from High School. 18 months until I have a child old enough to date and drive...The fact that last night as Canyon puked he was able to make it to the toilet... so no more cleaning up pukey beds (if we can get Hayden's making it to the toilet average a little higher anyway) The fact that my baby will be in Kindergarten next year, The fact that coming home from dance yesterday every bone in my body hurt and I felt so tired I could die! How about the fact that my parents were only 5 years older then I am right now when I got married!! I think I trumph all of you in the feeling old department (not sure that has bragging rights!!) I agree with Hillary though I have seen the most amazing things by growing older and like my favorite saying goes "Grow old along with me the best is yet to be"

Kerry said...

Oh geez. So many things make me feel old these days. 1. That when I run playing softball I think to myself, what is wrong with my body? Why am I not going faster? Then, be careful not to take off too fast, you know you'll pull a muscle! 2. Baylee wants a cell phone. 3. I'm more interested in sleep than "going out". 4. No more late movies, I just can't stay awake! 5. I would so much rather buy 5 outfits for one of children rather than 1 "super cute" pair of jeans for myself. 6. That my youngest brother is getting married. I would have to agree with everyone though, there is so much joy in the wiser aspect of being older. Seeing my kids enjoy things for the first time is so much better than doing it myself.

danielle said...

I'm not getting old!! My kids are just catching up to me C: