Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy 10th Anniversary!





February 24th, 2001 Mike and I got married. It was a fantastic day! I think we have learned some things over the last ten years. Seeing that we don't see eye to eye on much in life we have some how carved a path to life that works for us. So the following is a road map to the wedded bliss that we have perhaps it will help some of you to live the same Fabulous life we live.




10. Learn the other persons freaking ss#, we've been married long enough I know yours why cant you learn mine you know you need that kind of info for random stupid things all the time. Just learn it already for Pete's sake.
9. Learn to love them for there inner asshole/bitch because it's going to come out from time to time. Sometimes more than you would like.
8. Learn to love your spouse in spite of their kryptonite, whether its strep or mice or bed bugs, these things can cause stress if we don't accept it as a weakness and help them through it.
7. Work complete opposite schedules, not sleeping in the same bed more than 3 nights a week, or for that matter seeing each other more than like 30 min a day is always super helpful.
6.Don't be submissive. NO one is going to tell me what to do and God help the soul that thinks otherwise. This kind of an attitude can never lead to misunderstandings of simple favor requests or anything like that.
5. Don't freak out when they think someone else is good lookin, (unless you think that person is totally ugly and it makes you reconsider your own looks) I know we are all married but were married not blind or dead there are still good looking people of the opposite sex out there. Besides then maybe you can get ideas of other looks they might like for role play at a later time... (lol, I really kill myself)
4.Know what not to say to them or in front of the other IE, fag, retard, gay, God Damn, Jesus Christ, or F*%@ in any context.
3. On the few nights you do sleep in the same bed, please be a good bed partner, keep snoring, moving, cover stealing or messing up to a minimum.... Covers are suppose to be a certain way, learn this and don't mess it up.... PLEASE!
2. Remember as crazy as the others political opinions can be, you still love them, and we aren't arguing we are passionately discussing...... Lucky for us someones opinions don't count seeing that they don't have a right to vote in this country. Phewww, we have enough crazies voting as is. For the other you can rest easy this isn't your homeland so why do you care what your crazy spouse thinks.
1. Don't fight over money, Oh wait there isn't any to fight over.

All joking aside, it has been a colorful ten years and I wouldn't change any of it, well I might make some things a bit easier, but then maybe we wouldn't be who we are. I think the trials have brought us closer. We have 4 amazing and beautiful kids that we adore. I have the most hardworking husband ever, and even though I hate to admit it he makes me laugh all the time I would never tell him this but he is pretty damn funny! He puts up with all my craziness and usually only gives an eye roll here and there. He would do anything for me and our family and not everyone can say that some people put themselves first but not Mike. I love you Mike. So per your request I am going to try and dial back the crazy because we have a lot of years left to live together :-)

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Happy Anniversary!

andrewandshawnawhite said...

Happy Anniversary!! Cute post I just might take your idea for our anniversary I will only have to do 3;-) but I am pretty much a marriage expert by now so I should probably write a book on marriage;-) lol!!!! I am so excited you guys get to go on a fun trip and don't worry about me I am pretty much marry poppins haha jk but really I can handle just about anything:-) can't wait to watch your kids;-)

Autumn and Mitch said...

Ha ha your funny! I like this post. Mike is a pretty swell guy, I he works so hard, and I never hear him complain. I have always admired how much he adores you and treated you and winter. I love how crazy you guys are but at the end of the day its what works for you guys. Im happy you found someone like Mike. Love you Sister!

Kerry said...

Happy 10 year! You're right Mike is a funny guy, I think it takes people by surprise. But I grew up with the funny kid so no surprise to me. I hope you guys have an amazing time in Mexico!!

dan and audrey said...

THat was freakin hilarious! I Love it! you and Mike are both pretty awesome! hope your trip is fabulouso!! love your guts!!

Natalie said...

Haha! This really made me laugh out loud. Love you both!