Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pick your battles!

So getting Zarley ready for school is usually not an easy or fun task, she usually lays around throws a fit etc... On this particular morning she got ready quite easily and was ready to go to school. Her hair not combed and these adorable brown and white polka dot leggings, not so adorable with the blue and white striped shirt she paired them with. So here comes the pick your battles part. Do you let her go to school looking like this when usually getting her off to school is not a easy task or do you pick this as one of your battles? I picked it as a battle. What the picture doesn't show is that she still has the leggings on under the skirt. but her hair did get fixed and the leggings weren't quite so noticeable. Wow she has such a sense of fashion doesn't she?

notice she isn't as happy in these as she
was in her own choice.












6 comments:

andrewandshawnawhite said...

Ha Ha I Love IT!!! She is So Sassy I just Love her And her fabulous outfit Looks great ha ha!! Thanks for letting her sleep over we had a blast!!!

Christenson's said...

I say let her dress how she wants if it makes her happy... kids don't care how each other dresees, and if the adult knows Zarley they know she has her own mind!! I loved her outfit!

Hilary said...

So cute!
I get into 'battles' with Annie over clothes, and I really, really TRY to just let it go, but it's hard 'cause she looks ridiculous :-) I think for going to preschool and later, regular school, I'll probably be more anal about it than I need to be :-)
Greg usurps my power though, and always seems to dress Annie in the MOST ridiculous outfits when I'm not around :-)

Kerry said...

Definitely not a battle I would stress about fighting. Especially if she's having a good morning in every other way. Those ARE really cute pants!

Carlye Momma said...

I personally loved both of her outfits. Very Punky Brewster style! She makes me so happy this little Zarley girl! Let her wear what she wants. this is what you will look back on and miss SO MUCH! I know what you mean though. If I let him, Brackon would wear shorts and a tee shirt every day. In fact he'd wear the same outfit every day if I let him honestly. Boys are stinky that way though. I miss my Zarley! We're calling tomorrow. The piggies have officially left the Webb house for good I hope.

Natalie said...

I agree with picking your battles. She looks cute. She just makes me laugh. What a funny girl.