Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So this is my opinion on the Twilight series



I ended up taking Winter to the Twilight movie. Movie actually was not that bad. After all the talk of the book I decided I would read the book myself. For two reasons, first to see what all the hype was about and also to try and pry winter away from the TV and show her the enjoyment that can be found in a book. So I set out to read the book and made a deal with Winter. Well Amber actually was part of the deal. Winter and Amber both started reading the books at the same time. If Amber was the first to finish then once Winter finished we would take her to favorite restaurant. If Winter finished first then we would still take her to dinner and also pay for a friend to come along. Well it was a close race and Winter won. But this was a good experience for us to all read the same book and get everyone away from the TV. And we have had a lot of decisions on the book. Funny how there are three different interpretations of the books. So now I am 3 books down and working on the 4th. Amber is 2 books down and just stated the 3rd. I have not seen Amber pick up a book in the 7 almost 8 years we have been married. But she can’t seem to put these ones down. All in all this was a great experience. Totally worth the money we will spend for Winter and her friend.



6 comments:

Natalie said...

I am so glad you guys have been reading these. They are addicting and I enjoyed them all. I knew Amber would like them if she read them so I am glad she started. I plowed through them in about a week, but I also couldn't put them down. I just had to sacrifice some sleep. :) After I read them I couldn't stop thinking about them for weeks. Keep me posted after you finish the series. I am anxious to hear what you think of the last book.

Kerry said...

I'm interested to hear what the both of you think. And I'm glad to hear that my gifts went SUCH a long way! YAY! You'll finish the last one though and then be sad that it's all over. Will you read The Host as well?

Autumn and Mitch said...

Wow Mike I am truly impressed. I think its way cool what you guys did for Winter and challenging her to read the book. I loved them and glad you are enjoying them. Now if you could convince Mitch to read them.

Howard Family said...

I ended up loving the books and finishing the series first. Sorry mike didnt mean to take the last one and hog it. Looking for something new to read if anyone has any ideas.

Hilary said...

Complete cyber-stalker here :-)
Old friend of Mike's, came across your blog through Kerry's . . . your guys' family is adorable! Especially love the picture of Zarley, as we have many, many similar ones of our own little P.I.A., Annie.
And, I think we just moved in like a few blocks south of you guys, right off Mirabella . . . Herriman's not that big of a town, so we may run into you sometime! Take care!

Kerry said...

By the way Amber .. have you thought about reading The Host? You asked for suggestions.