Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Xavier James Howard








Three years ago we had our X-man. Our final child and we could not have ended on a better note. As what has grown to become custom with us we did not find out the sex of X-man. Figured it did not matter. We had our girls and our boys so it really did not matter what he was we knew we would love him. We also knew this would be our last. This would complete our Family circle.



X-man started with a little bit of trouble. I was working graveyards at CR England (Still am) and I was actually outside in our car taking a nap. Amber called me and said I see blood. Talk about scaring the shit out of someone. I ran inside and told my bosses sorry I am leaving I need to go. Amber called to make sure she could wait for me and I drove home as fast as I can. I picked up Amber and we were off to the new IHC hospital. Do you know how bad I wanted to get pulled over. I mean can you beat that excuse with a cop. I am having a baby as he looks over to the passenger seat and sees your wife with that look on her face. I know I would get out of that ticket! This was my last chance and I did all I could to get that damn pull over. Drove fast in the car pool lane. Right where they wait but it did not happen. So we made it to the hospital and I remember thinking god I hope my baby is okay. We have had problems in the past and you never feel totally at ease until they are out and breathing and all is good. Once we got there the nurses hooked amber up to the machines and all that. They did not seem concerned with the blood. So once we were okay from that. I thought (this is the first time I am admitting it so . . . ) Dame she better have this baby or all my co-workers are going to think I am full of it. I had been up all night and now was looking like I would be up all day. But we did deliver well Amber delivered a healthy baby boy.



So yesterday our little man or X-man turned 3 yesterday. I am sorry it’s a day late. But better late than never at all. We had a good weekend to celebrate X-man turning 3. If you have not met him you will have to take my word for how damn cute this kid is. I know that every parent goes on and on about how cute their kids are but this kid is amazing. He is so fun and loves his brother so much and is just a fun kid to have around. Just this week he was telling Owen how he was acting like mom and said, “Owen clean up your toys now!” This little boy is the most grow up 3 year old I know. People say he just follows Owen around but he really does not. He joins in the fun. He is his own boy and does what he wants it just happens to be the same as his older brother and cousins and friends. He is what you picture a boy to be so rough and tumble and gets into trouble. Not bad trouble just the mischievous trouble. This weekend I was playing with the boys on my bed and Owen was doing summersault off the bed. I was holding their hands as they did. Owen landed a couple in a row so he said dad I don’t need your help. Well this time he did it and smacked his head against the bottom of my bed. He was crying and Xavier asked Owen if he wanted him to hurt himself too. With this concerned look. I am sure that every parent dreams of their kids growing up close. I have no doubt that these two boys will grow up to be the best of friends. It must be easy being the youngest. Surrounded by older brothers and sisters


"You have a Friend In Me"


8 comments:

evan and rachel said...

What a cute post!! I love love love the last picture of Owen and Xavier, it's so cute!

andrewandshawnawhite said...

He is so so cute I love him so much!!!! Happy birthday Xman!!! We love you

Christenson's said...

I love that little X-man and he does have the cutest little face ever! Shawna didn't call him puppy? What is up with that! Happy Birthday "pimp diddy" says Hayden and the rest of us!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Little guy! You sure are a cute kid, who is just like his Dad (really, I know what I am talking about!)
You are growing up so fast, and you were meant to stay a baby for as long as possibe, just ask your Mom!
Grandma and Grandpa Love you lots!

Kerry said...

Happy Birthday Xman! Such a cute post. I like the skateboard picture. You know what happened to you on the skateboard right? Or was that Evan? Someone got their chin split open.

Hilary said...

He is such a cutie! Happy Birthday Xavier!

Sharon said...

It was Evan!

dan and audrey said...

oh Happy birthday X-MAN!! you forgot to mention how sweet he is! so sweet and gentle, especially with babies! he loves my little gabby so so much!! and I love that about him!!