Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy 13th Birthday Winter


Winter turned 13 and everyone keeps asking me if it feels weird to have a teenager. To answer that no and yes. Winter has always been older than her age so it doesn't seem like a new thing to me she doesn't seem different I guess. But as Autumn put it, it does seem weird that we met 13 years ago already. Some days it seems like the time as just gone by in a flash and other days I just cant remember life without her in it so it seems longer than 13 yrs.

Winter amazes me more and more the older she gets. She has always been smart and funny and social but as she gets older I admire those qualities more and more. She has to help out a lot seeing that Mike is gone a lot and I know she doesn't love it but she does it. I think some people think we spoil her and give her everything and I guess we do but what kids these days aren't spoiled? I think she deserves a lot of it though. She is 13 just entered into middle school which is suppose to be a rough transition for us it hasn't been. She had a 4.0 last quarter, was on the honor roll was nominated for "diamondback of the month" at school, she dances about 9 hours a week plus helps student teach 2 hours a week not to mention all the babysitting she does for us. I know that we don't tell her enough how proud we are of her and all that she is doing at such a young age.

She is a beautiful dancer and it amazes me how far she has come with it. Its her passion and I hope she never loses that. She is also wickedly funny, Sometimes over the top obnoxious but still funny, I enjoy spending time with her and I think that says a lot about a 13 yr old girl. She knows everyone and people seem to flock to her and like being around her. She is very social and needs to be around people all the time.

It was a pretty mellow birthday for her but I hope she enjoyed it. I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to the most awesome teenager I know. Love you Winter.

6 comments:

Hilary said...

She sounds just amazing -- I hope my girls have those same qualities and enjoy their talents as much as she does when they're her age! And that is about the most gorgeous picture ever!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Winter.
Don't grow up too fast!
We were sorry that you got hurt at the weekend, hopefully you will be up and dancing again soon!
Love,
Grandma & Grandpa Howard

Christenson's said...

She is such an amazing dancer! I love to just watch her I think I cried more then she did when she hurt her foot on Saturday because she couldn't dance! I love her like crazy! She does make me laugh so much too and I love that she is my daughters very very best friend! I knew from the time she was very tiny she would grow up to be an amazing person!

Kerry said...

Happy Birthday Winter! I love birthday blog posts .. they're really fun to read.

Carlye Momma said...

This totally made me tear up! I do love that little Winnie of yours! I feel pretty blessed to know her, and she is indeed a beautiful dancer! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL WINNIE!!! So glad to have spent the evening with you little lady!

Natalie said...

I sure love that Winter. She so fun and just beautiful. One in a million. She has been grown up for a while, so 13 to me just doesn't seem that old for her. Now it does seem weird for you to have a 13 year old considering you are hanging in at 27. Hmmmmmm.