Sunday, February 7, 2010

All I needed to know about my Wife and Kids I learned at Boondocks



So once a weekend Amber and I try and take the kids out of the house as a family night out. Usually we try to do the most with the least amount of money. This weekend we decided to take the kids to Boondocks. As information this is a place that has a video arcade, Mini Golf laser tag. That sort of thing. Well they have a big play area that the has some slides and some things to jump on. We thought this was a great idea to get some energy out of the kids. So we pay the 6 dollars to get both Zarley and Owen and X-man in. Well the little climb things to get to the slide are about up to Xavier's chest. So Zarley his big sister starts lifting him up these step things so he can climb and get to the top. Really a big sister moment. Usually Winter does all the big sister things but this time Winter was baby sitting. I was very proud to see Zarley step into the role.

This portion of our story is brought to you via Amber I was not around, its still me telling the story but this is a story she told me, well half if it I was there for the second half. So once Xavier had figured out how to get to the top by himself he is getting up there. Amber said there were these little girls pushing him out of the way so they could go down the slide. So this is the part I show up for. When the little girls get to the bottom of the slide. Amber walks over there and yells at them not to touch her baby. Very proud of Amber for sticking up for her baby.

Finally Owen and Xavier decide they want to go up the slide the wrong way, well Owen is just flying up the slide the wrong way but Xavier is struggling. No need to worry, big brother to the rescue. Owen sees what the problem is with Xavier his socks are on. So Owen rips off Xavier's socks throws them to me and off he goes up the slide with his little brother in tow.

Every once and while you have these moments in time when you realize how lucky I have it in life. I don't have money, I now don't have hockey. But I am so lucky to have the wife I do and the four kids who I do. Things money cant buy and plenty of people would give up everything they have in life for what I have. This was not meant to be a anniversary post for Amber but she has brought all these things into my life and I am so lucky to have her and the kids she has brought into the world for me.


- Mike


P.S. sorry for the crappy pictures but they were all i have with me





6 comments:

Hilary said...

Aw, so sweet . . . nothing melts my heart quite like watching those kinds of 'sisterly' moments between my girls. It always just makes me so proud of Annie, and look forward to the friendship and memories they'll share as they grow up!

Kerry said...

I think it's cool that you guys try and get out of the house with the kids once per week. I feel like those kinds of things are always so exhausting. Which is why we don't do it as often as I would like to in my head. I look forward to summer when there's more to do!

Howard Family said...

Mike left out the part where I first sent my pitbull (zarley) up after that mean little girl. She wasnt mean I dont think she even said anything which is why I did, she just help xavier back up to the top and then down the slide. On one had I was proud that she has gained control of herself and on the other a little disappointed she didnt put that little bully in her place.

Autumn and Mitch said...

This post made me cry. Mike you are so sweet, you have always really appreciated Amber so much, and loved her so well. Im glad she fount you. I love how you little ones are like a polynesian family, mess with one you get them all. But that is so sweet that even at their young ages they are bonding and taking care of one another. You guys are teaching them great family values. I love the weekly outing and your kids will probably grow up to appreciate it more then they do now.

andrewandshawnawhite said...

That was so nice it made me cry a little but lets face it i cry at almost anything!! I am glad Zar Zar is being such a great big sister!! I just love your little family:->

Winter Grace said...

No comment on how proud you are for me..... like I was totally "working" and making a living for myself;) But I was a lil dissapointed I wasn't invited :( oh well........